What is meningococcal disease?
- Meningococcal (men-in-juh-coc-cal) disease, also called meningitis (men-in-jai-tis), is a serious illness
- It causes the tissues that surround the brain and spinal cord to swell and become inflamed
- Meningococcal disease is caused by certain types of bacteria that can make adolescents (aged 10-17 years) and young adults (18-25 years) very sick
Are there different types of meningococcal disease?
- There are many different types of meningococcal disease
- Adolescents and young adults may have already received a vaccine to prevent some types of meningococcal disease
- There is no single vaccine available worldwide to prevent the 5 main meningococcal disease types (A, B, C, W and Y)
What can I do today?
- This office is part of a clinical trial to test an investigational vaccine for meningococcal disease types A, B, C, W and Y in adolescents and young adults
- This trial is called “MEMENTO 057”
If you want to find out how you can be part of the MEMENTO 057 trial, please talk to your healthcare professional.
CLINICAL TRIALS OF TEXAS, INC.
(210) 949-0122 or SAresearch.com