Please review the criteria below and choose an appointment date. To receive compensation for this study, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are age 18 – 65
- Must not be on an antidepressant medication (if on an antidepressant, please call 210-949-0122, ext. 290 to review options for study participation)
- Must have a BMI between 18 and 38 Calculate your BMI
- Must currently feel depressed for a duration of at least 2 months but not longer than 2 years
- If male, drink fewer than 2 drinks a day; if female, drink fewer than 1 drink per day
- Be willing to use contraception
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must not be Bipolar, Schizophrenic or have OCD, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease or Huntington’s Disease.
- Must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- If diabetic or have thyroid disease, must be controlled with medication
- No history of seizures
- No HIV
- If any history of cancer, must call the office to confirm eligibility at 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
Please note: additional criteria may apply. We would like to speak with you to gather your complete medical history before the appointment. Please call 210-949-0122, ext. 290 to complete your profile after scheduling.
This study length is up to 6 weeks and includes up to 9 visits. The study medication is an oral medication taken at bedtime and qualified participants receive study-related care by a psychiatrist in addition to labs, EKGs, and diagnostic tests provided at no cost.
Compensation up to $676 is available.