What is a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
An infection in any part of urinary system, but primarily in the lower urinary
tract — the bladder and urethra
Who is at risk for a UTI?
- Women are at greater risk than men
- Sexually active women have more UTIs than those who aren’t sexually
- Women who are in menopause, because of estrogen changes
What are symptoms of UTI?
- Strong urge to urinate
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Urine that is cloudy or strong smelling
- Pelvic pain and/or pain with urination
From the Doctor:
“UTIs can be painful and annoying and can lead to complications in the kidneys
if left untreated,” said Dr. Ayo Avworo, principal investigator at CTT.
Clinical Trials of Texas, Inc. is enrolling for a UTI research study.