By Ayo Avworo DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic i.e. fever, cough, shortness of breath):
- Stay home when you are sick i.e. temperature > 99°F, cough, difficulty breathing
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
- Avoid being exposed to the virus
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people, 3-6 feet
- Limit attendance at large gatherings
*** Clean your hands when you get to work and schedule regular hand washing reminders if you are not accustomed to washing your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
3. Create a household plan of action in the event of disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19.
- Consider having a 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food, and other essentials.
- Establish ways to communicate with others e.g. family, friends, and co-workers
- Discuss childcare needs and how to adapt to cancellation of events.