About Clinical Trials of Texas
Our Chief Medical Director, Douglas Denham, DO, CPI, along with 9 other San Antonio-based board-certified physicians work with CTT to conduct studies in their respective medical specialties. This network of investigators has helped create one of the largest and most capable research sites in the United States.
Organization History & Key Milestone Dates:
- 2001 – CTT founded by Kay Scroggins, RN with 1 employee and 4 studies conducted in an 800 sq. ft. facility
- 2005 – 6 employees and 16 studies conducted in a 3,600 sq. ft. facility
- 2008 – 25 employees and 40 studies conducted in a 15,000 sq. ft. facility
- 2019 – 68 employees and 109 studies conducted in a new 20,000 sq. ft. facility
- 2020 – COVID-19 pandemic – Championed all EUA and FDA COVID vaccines in a multitude of studies
- 2021 – 93 employees and 110 studies conducted in an expanded 24,471 sq. ft. facility; CTT acquired by Flourish Research and became the platform site
Why Was CTT Founded?
Kay Scroggins, RN, founded Clinical Trials of Texas, LLC (CTT) in 2001. She has been in the clinical research industry for more than 20 years. Kay’s vision to successfully conduct pharmaceutical and device research studies with high integrity and exceptional quality is realized today through the outstanding group of research professionals and investigators affiliated with CTT. Kay retired in 2022 and CTT is currently led by Leisel Koerber, BBA, CCRC, Executive Vice President, who has been at CTT for more than a decade.
Who Does CTT Serve?
CTT has close ties within the pharmaceutical and device community with Sponsors and CROs of all sizes, across multiple therapeutic areas and phases. We strive to provide quality data and achieve study enrollment timelines for our partners.
We also serve our study participants and strive to introduce them to clinical research in a positive way that encourages them to have wonderful study experiences; many of our participants have participated in multiple studies as a result.
Finally, we have more than two decades of serving the San Antonio community. We are very proud of our relationships within the community and our work to help develop life-saving therapeutic solutions in areas that directly affect our community such as COVID-19 vaccines, Diabetes, Fatty Liver, RSV vaccines and many more.
Clinical Trials of Texas is now a part of Flourish Research.
Being a part of Flourish Research means CTT can offer the community the best opportunities to participate in more trials that advance life-changing therapeutics.
Flourish sites are still managed by the local physicians, clinical and support staff that you have come to know and trust.
Our Mission & Vision
Advancing the health and wellness of society through clinical trials.
Our Core Values
We Respect and Care for ALL
- We honor ourselves and others.
- We celebrate a culture of belonging and recognition.
We Do the Right Thing
- We are honest and ethical – even if it’s the hard thing to do.
- We live diversity authentically and organically.
We Own Our Actions
- We are accountable to our employees, our clients, and our community.
- We are aligned in our thoughts, words, focus and actions.
We Are Collaborative and Have a Can-Do Attitude
- We work together towards optimal solutions.
- We have a positive and innovative approach.
We Have the Highest Standards
- We are consistent and reliable with meticulous attention to detail.
- We relentlessly pursue perfection.