Parke J. Hedges, MD
Dr. Parke Hedges was born in Arkansas and spent his childhood years in Indiana. His family moved to Texas in 1969 and settled in the Houston area. After graduation from La Porte High School, Dr. Hedges attended Texas A&M University in College Station.
Dr. Hedges completed his internship at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Dr. Hedges is affiliated with Methodist Hospital. He completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology in 1986. He established his first private practice in Corpus Christi, but eventually returned to San Antonio. He is one of the founding members of Seven Oak’s Women’s Center. He has been honored by induction into the AOA Medical Honor Society. Dr. Hedges has also served as Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology or Methodist Hospital.
Dr. Hedges maintains an active private life spending time with his wife Donna and 3 Australian Shepherds. He is an avid orchid grower and active singer songwriter.
Dr Hedges has been honored by his selection to:
- Consumer Research Council of America – 2012
- America’s Top Obstetrician and Gynecologists 2002-2003, 2005-2006, 2007-2008, 2011-2012
- Best Doctors in America 1996-2011
- Texas Monthly – Texas Super Doctors 2008, 2009, and 2010
- Patient Choice Award 2009 and 2010