Genetic Marker Self-Schedule
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be age 6-65
- Have a BMI 40 or more for 18 years and older (Click here to calculate)
- Have been identified of having genetics that may lead to obesity
- Not have used any medication approved to treat obesity such as orlistat, lorcaserin, phentermine-topiramate, naltrexone-bupropion in the past 3 months
- Not have a history of significant liver disease other than non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Not have had bariatric surgery in the past 6 months
- Not have a history of or close family history (parents or siblings) of melanoma, or oculocutaneous albinism.
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding and willing to use contraception
- Not have participated in a clinical trial less than 3 months ago
- Other criteria may apply
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $750 may be available for time and travel.
Transportation may be availalable. Call 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.