To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 to 85 years old
- Have a history of or presence of Gout
- Symptoms include but are not limited to include severe pain, redness, and swelling in joints, often the big toe.
- Have a BMI of less than or equal to 50 (Click here to calculate)
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding and willing to use contraception if female of childbearing potential
- Have not received oral corticosteroids more than 10 continuous days or received injected corticosteroids within 1 month
- Not require or may require systemic immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory treatment
- Not have active peptic ulcer disease requiring treatment within the past month
- Not have uncontrolled High Blood Pressure (above 160/95)
- Not have had cancer within the previous 5 years, with the exception of non-melanoma skin cancer
- Not consume more than 14 drinks of alcohol per week (e.g., 1 drink = 5 oz [150 ml] of wine, 12 oz [360 ml] of beer, or 1.5 oz [45 ml] of hard liquor)
- Not have illegal drug use within the past 5 years
- Not have a documented history of HIV or positive test for HIV-1, HIV-2, active HBV, active HCV, or SARS-CoV-2 at screening
- Not have been in another study in the past month
- Additional criteria will apply
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling (210) 949-0122
If you do not see an available appointment, please call (210) 949-0122 for availability.
Transportation may be available. Call (210) 949-0122. Compensation up to $3,155 is available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.