Malaria Vaccine Self-Scheduler
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 – 55 years old
- BMI between 18.5 – 35 kg/m2 to calculate: Click here
- Not have a history of malaria infection (any species)
- Not have received a malaria vaccine
- Not have lived or travelled in a malaria endemic region for the last 6 months and agree not to travel to a malaria endemic region from study start for approximately 7 months
- Regions include Sub-Saharan Africa and India
- Click here for more information: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/country_table/a.html&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1689786150564470&usg=AOvVaw1XmcpmgShhOQ4NokggnkLT
- Not have Diabetes Type 1 or Type 2
- Not have a history of serious adverse reactions to vaccines
- Not have uncontrolled or severe respiratory diseases
- Diseases include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Not have a history of uncontrolled High Blood Pressure
- Not have a history of cancer within 5 years of screening
- Does not include localized basal or squamous cell cancer
- Not have a history of cardiovascular disease
- Diseases include myocarditis, pericarditis, heart attack, heart failure or arrhythmia
- Not have a history of Seizure disorder within the past 3 years
- Not have a bleeding disorder
- Not have the following diseases associated with problems regulating the immune system
- Be negative for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding or intend to become pregnant
- Agree to use effective birth control if you are a study volunteer of childbearing potential or have partners of childbearing potential
- Volunteers born female who are postmenopausal or permanently sterilized will not be considered VOCBP.
- Not have a history of alcohol abuse or drug addiction within 1 year before Visit 0 or have a history (within the past 5 years) of substance abuse
- Not enroll in another investigational study
- Additional criteria will apply
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling (210) 949-0122
If you do not see an available appointment, please call (210) 949-0122 for availability.
Transportation may be available. Call (210) 949-0122. Compensation may be available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.