Flu Vaccine Self-Scheduler
To qualify for this study], participants must:
- Be ages 65+
- In general good health
- Not had a flu vaccine in the past 6 months
- Not have had the flu in the past 6 months
- Not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Patients of child-bearing potential must have been on an acceptable form of contraception for the past 28 days. Acceptable forms include:
- Barrier method – condoms, diaphragm or cervical cap
- Intrauterine device
- Prescription hormonal contraception (pill, subdermal, patch, or injection
- Must not have been in close contact with someone who has had the flu in the past 5 days or COVID in the past 10 days
- Must not have had a fever (over 100.4) or illness in the past 72 hours.
- Must not have received any vaccine in the last 28 days or plan to receive it in the next 28 days.
- Must not have donated blood in the past 28 days or plan to during the study
- Must not have been in a research study that administered study drug in the past 28 days.
- Must not be pregnant or breast-feeding
- Must not be immunocompromised
- Must not have received immunosuppressants for more than 14 days in past 6 months.
- Must not have had cancer within the past 2 years (excluding nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Must not have been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Must not have a bleeding disorder
- Must not have a reported history of anaphylaxis or severe hypersensitive creation after a vaccine
- Must not have myocarditis, pericarditis or myopericarditis in the past 6 months.
- Must not have tattoos or psoriasis patches that completely cover both upper arm (deltoid) areasAdditional criteria will apply
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290
If you do not see an available appointment, please call 210-949-0122 for availability.
Transportation may be available. Call 210-949-0122, extension 290. Compensation up to $975 is available for time and travel.