Smoking Cessation Self-Scheduler
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a daily cigarette smoker intending to quit (averaging at least 10 cigarettes per day)
Have at least 1 previous failed attempt to quit
- Be willing to actively participate in behavioral support
- Be willing to use acceptable birth control
- Be able to pass urine drug screening
- Not have previous treatment to stop smoking (bupropion, varenicline, nortriptyline, or any nicotine replacement therapy )
- Not have a current or recent history of acute myocardial infarction, unstable angina, stroke, cerebrovascular incident, hospitalization for congestive heart failure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Not currently be experiencing a psychotic event or had one in the last 3 months
- Not be experiencing suicidal ideation or at risk of suicide or experiencing symptoms of depression
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not use non-cigarette and/or non-combustible nicotine products ( snuff, pipe tobacco, hookah, e-cigarette/vaping) 2 weeks prior or during the study
- Additional criteria may apply
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $1,975 may be available for time and travel.
Transportation may be available. Call 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.