Smoking Cessation Research Study
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a daily cigarette smoker intending to quit (averaging at least 10 cigarettes per day)
- Have at least 1 previous failed attempt to quit
- Be willing to actively participate in behavioral support
- Be willing to use acceptable birth control
- Be able to pass urine drug screening
- Not have previous treatment to stop smoking (bupropion, varenicline, nortriptyline, or any nicotine replacement therapy )
- Not have a current or recent history of acute myocardial infarction, unstable angina, stroke, cerebrovascular incident, hospitalization for congestive heart failure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Not currently be experiencing a psychotic event or had one in the last 3 months
- Not be experiencing suicidal ideation or at risk of suicide or experiencing symptoms of depression
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not use non-cigarette and/or non-combustible nicotine products ( snuff, pipe tobacco, hookah, e-cigarette/vaping) 2 weeks prior or during the study
- Additional criteria may apply
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $1,975 may be available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.