To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be between ages 26-55 years old
- Have a BMI between 18- 40 (Click here to calculate)
- Be willing to participate in an overnight study
- Smoke an average of 10-30 cigarettes a day
- Have smoked for at least five years
- Be willing to continue to smoke own brand of cigarettes
- Be willing to use heated tobacco
- Be willing to quit smoking cigarettes
- Not be pregnant, breastfeeding, or intend to become pregnant
- Be willing to use contraception or be abstinent
- Not have uncontrolled cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, hepatic, endocrine, gastrointestinal, psychiatric, hematological, neurological disease(s)
- Not have diabetes
- Not have a bleeding or clotting disorder
- Not have a history of cancer except for localized basal cell/squamous cell carcinoma that has been removed
- Not have HIV
- Not have Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C
- Not be employed by a tobacco or nicotine company or handle tobacco-or nicotine-containing products as part of their job
- Not use of any medication or substance that aids in smoking cessation such as
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) (e.g., nicotine gum, lozenge, patch), varenicline (Chantix®), bupropion (Wellbutrin®, Zyban®), or lobelia extract within 30 days
- Additional criteria may apply.
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $3,500 may be available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.