Social Anxiety with Fear of Public Speaking Phone Consultation
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18-65 years old
- Be diagnosed with or have symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Symptoms include anxiety about social situations such as having conversations, meeting new people, and performing in front of others
- Have a significant fear of public speaking
- Not have alcohol or substance use disorder
- Not be pregnant and willing to use contraception
- Not have a history of a psychiatric disorder such as bipolar disorder (I or II), schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, psychosis, post-traumatic stress disorder, anorexia or bulimia, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, or obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Not take any daily medications such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, anxiety medication or ADHD medication
- Not use over-the-counter, prescription or herbal products for symptoms of anxiety or Social Anxiety Disorder.
- Not have two or more failed treatment with registered medication approved for Social Anxiety Disorder
- No history of significant nasal trauma, surgery, septum perforation or loss of smell
- Not have a current or chronic condition including infection illness, uncontrolled season allergies or nasal congestion
- Not have history of cancer or cancerous tumor not in remission for at least 2 years
- Other criteria may apply
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $300 may be available for time and travel.